The Board manages the Panhellenic Association of Translators (PEM). It consists of 7 members and it is appointed by the General Meeting every 2 years. The Board is responsible for developing activities and for managing PEM’s finances.
Role of the Board
The PEM Board:
- Develops PEM’s activities.
- Is responsible for PEM’s financial management.
- Convenes the General Meeting.
- Approves registration, re-registration, removals and changes in member status.
- Decides on referring members to the Disciplinary Board for unethical conduct.
- Forms working groups to support its own work in any action area.
Eligibility for election to the Board
The General Meeting appoints the Board every 2 years. All paid-up members have voting rights.
Members eligible for election to the Board are full, sustaining or joint members who have completed 2 years as fully-fledged members of PEM.
No member is eligible to serve as President, Secretary General or Treasurer for more than 3 consecutive full terms.
Establishment and members
The Board consists of 7 members.
Following their appointment, the Board Members convene and are constituted within 8 days. They vote by secret ballot for:
- Vice President
- Secretary General
- 3 Board Members
Meet the Board Members for 2020-2022.
Duties of the Board
The Board meets ordinarily every 45 days and extraordinarily when 4 of its members make a request in writing.
Decisions are taken by absolute majority of those present. At least 4 members of the Board must be present to ensure its decisions are valid. In the event of a split vote, the President has a casting vote.
The PEM Board:
- Provides the Audit Committee with the necessary information to perform its work.
- Answers to the annual General Meeting, submitting the budget for the following financial year and reporting on the previous year.
- Requests at its own discretion – or when required to do so by the General Meeting – the opinion of one or more members of the Scientific Committee.
Articles 16-25 of PEM’s Articles of Association outline the duties and role of the Board.